DETROIT (WXYZ) – Several metro Detroit communities are kicking off the month of February with winter festivals, including Trenton, Plymouth and Romeo.
Love for the city of Detroit will be celebrated during Motown Love, and the Detroit RV & Camping Show returns.
Here is a list of seven things to do in D this weekend:
- Saturday evening 6 pm to 8 pm
- Ford Community & Performing Arts Center at 15801 Michigan Avenue in Dearborn
- In Dearborn, a father-daughter dance will take place in the Lincoln Ballroom of the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center. This year’s theme is “Alice in Wonderland”. Fathers and daughters ages 12 and under are invited to participate in the annual event. The event will have music, pizza, soft drinks and souvenirs for the daughters.
- Friday evening at 7 p.m. against the Charlotte Hornets; Saturday at 7 p.m. against the Phoenix Suns
- Little Caesars Arena at 2645 Woodward Avenue in Detroit
- The Detroit Pistons host two games at Little Caesars Arena this weekend – the Charlotte Hornets on Friday and the Phoenix Suns on Saturday.
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 2 PM to 9 PM, Saturday 11 AM to 9 PM and Sunday 11 AM to 6 PM
- Suburban Collection Showplace at 46100 Grand River Avenue in Detroit
- The Detroit RV & Camping Show returns this week and continues through the weekend. Hundreds of RVs will be available for purchase including folding campers, motorhomes, travel trailers, toy haulers and more. Booths will also carry parts, accessories and camping information.
- Friday from 4 PM to 8 PM and Saturday from 10 AM to 8 PM; Entertainment and beer tents open until 11 p.m.
- 2644 W Jefferson Ave in Trenton
- Winterfest returns to the city of Trenton this weekend. The two-day event will feature ice sculptures, food from local restaurants, live entertainment, outdoor games, karaoke, shopping and a beer tent and social district. There will be free train rides for the kids on Saturdays. Heated tents will keep families warm. Organizers say all proceeds from beer sales will go toward Downriver for Veterans.
- Friday 4 PM to 9 PM, Saturday 9 PM and Sunday 7 PM
- At 2670 Atwater Street in Detroit, the Robert C. valedic park
- The love for the city of Detroit will be on full display this weekend at Valede Park. Families can shop with local vendors, listen to classic Motown hits from local DJs and dance groups, make crafts, share poetry and more. Love Letters to Detroit, an open mic on Fridays, will give the public a chance to perform or listen to talent.
- Friday 5 PM to 10 PM, Saturday 10 AM to 10 PM and Sunday 10 AM to 6 PM
- downtown plymouth
- Winter festivities are back this weekend with the Plymouth Ice Festival. More than 50 ice carvings will line the streets of downtown. People can play Ice Festival Bingo by visiting participating businesses, getting their logo and emailing their board after entering the bingo to win a grand prize. Participants are encouraged to explore the various businesses in town.
- Saturday 9am to 4pm
- Downtown Romeo near Main Street and Lafayette Street
- Romeo’s Winterfest is happening in town on Saturday. There will be a giant Snowman Adventure Trail, “Best Dressed” contest, scavenger hunt and more throughout the day. A 5K helps kick off the event, a “Chili” cook-off takes place in the afternoon and it ends with an ice sculpture show.
Are you hosting an event next weekend? email us about [email protected],