More than half a billion dollars have been wagered for Monday night’s Powerball jackpot drawing powerball site,
The jackpot is valued at $502 million, and the cash option is valued at $271.1 million. The draw for this mega jackpot will be the 28th since the last time the jackpot was hit last year. Massachusetts State Lottery,
When the Powerball jackpot last hit on November 19, the jackpot was worth $92.9 million, and one winning ticket was sold in Kansas. This $502 million jackpot is the largest Powerball jackpot since the record-breaking $2.04 billion Powerball jackpot was hit on November 7 in California.
During the $2.04 billion drawing, the largest prize ever in lottery history was a $1 million winner in Massachusetts. Richard Lavery of North Quincy bought a $1 million Powerball ticket for the drawing at West Squantum Market & Liquors in Quincy. Powerball also had the largest recent prize in lottery history, with a jackpot valued at $1.586 billion.
Powerball tickets are $2 each, and the game can be played in 45 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Powerball players must select five numbers between 1-69 and one Powerball number between 1-26 for their ticket.
Tickets for the $502 million jackpot will be sold at Massachusetts State Lottery retailers throughout the state until 9:50 p.m. ET on Monday. Draws for Powerball take place every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 PM, results released powerball websiteAnd the live drawing can be seen on the organization’s Youtube channel,
A $1.35 billion Mega Millions jackpot was hit on Friday, January 13 in Lebanon, Maine. It was the second largest prize in Mega Millions history, and the fourth largest prize in lottery history. The $1.35 billion in prize money was won from tickets sold at Hometown Gas & Grill.
Before Mega Millions was won, the game’s jackpot had never been won in Maine.
10 biggest Powerball wins in history are as follows:
- $2.04 billion on November 8, 2022 (1 ticket, California)
- $1.586 billion on January 13, 2016 (3 tickets, 1 Tennessee, 1 Florida, 1 California)
- $768 million (1 ticket, Wisconsin) on March 27, 2019
- $758 million (1 ticket, Massachusetts) on August 23, 2017
- $731 million on January 20, 2021 (1 ticket, Maryland)
- $699 million (1 ticket, California) on October 4, 2021
- $687 million (2 tickets, 1 Iowa, 1 New York) on October 27, 2018
- $632 million on January 5, 2022 (2 tickets, 1 Wisconsin, 1 California)
- $590 million (1 ticket, Florida) on May 18, 2013
- $587 million on November 28, 2012 (2 tickets, 1 Arizona, 1 Missouri)