a very lucky Massachusetts State Lottery player just won $31 Million Mega Millions Jackpot Match all six numbers on their lottery ticket with the winning numbers, during the drawing on January 24, 2023.
According to the Massachusetts State Lottery, the $31 million prize is the sixth largest lottery prize ever won in the state of Massachusetts.
The multi-million dollar jackpot winner bought his Mega Millions ticket at the Stop & Shop located in Belchertown.
The January 24 Mega Millions drawing included the winning numbers 33, 41, 47, 50, 62 and Mega Ball: 20 for $31 million.
Here are the top 10 biggest prizes ever won in Massachusetts:
- $758.7 million from the Powerball at the Pride Station & Store in Chicopee on August 23, 2017
- $294 million from Mega Millions on July 2, 2004 at Powers Wine Company in Lowell
- $61.45 million from the Powerball at Appletown, Stirling on 11 December 2013
- $50 million from the Powerball on December 12, 2012 at a Shell gas station in Lexington
- $32 million from Mega Millions at Tedeschi Food Shop in Dorchester on August 19, 2011
- $31 million from Mega Millions at Stop & Shop #435 in Belchertown on January 24, 2021
- $30.5 million from Mega Millions at the AM/PM Facility in Hyannis on October 16, 2012
- $25.6 million from the Powerball at Joe’s Market in Fall River on June 8, 2011
- $16.35M from Megabucks Doubler to Ware’s Cumberland Farms on September 10, 2022
- $13.82 million from Megabucks Doubler on March 10, 2012 at Main St. Variety in Wakefield
The Megaplier, an option for Mega Millions players to choose from when purchasing tickets, can multiply their prize money if they win, which was 4X for last night’s draw. Two lower-tier $1 million tickets were also won during the drawing, and those tickets were sold in Florida and New Jersey.
In Massachusetts, an $800 Mega Millions ticket was also sold from The Chateau restaurant in Andover.
Mega Millions drawings are every Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m., and Mega Millions tickets are $2 each. To play Mega Millions, lottery players must buy a $2 ticket with six numbers.
The first five numbers are from 1 to 70 and the Mega Ball is from 1 to 25. The jackpot winner must match all six of his or her numbers to win the jackpot prize, and there are nine ways to win the prize in the lottery game, according to the Mega Millions site.