Local News

Downed power line causes $600k+ damage to Paua home

Downed power line causes 0k+ damage to Paua home

HONOLULU (KHON2) – The Honolulu Fire Department has released the cause of a fire that damaged multiple homes in the area of ​​Ka’ola Way and Booth Road.

According to HFD, Thursday, January 26 fire The fire was accidental and originated from a damaged power cord within a three-story vacant residential structure.

Sign up to get the latest Hawaii morning news delivered to your inbox news 2 u

The fire started in a first-floor living room near a television stand before causing $675,000 in property damage and $53,000 in material damage.

In addition, two other nearby homes sustained an estimated $101,000 in damage from the flames.

View more news from around Hawaii

No injuries have been reported, but HFD reminds the public to replace electrical cords that are damaged, frayed or sticky to the touch.

READ ALSO :   Carnival Cruise Line shares new details about the next big thing

The Latest

To Top