Local News

Man hospitalized after explosion sparks fire at Phoenix apartment

Man hospitalized after explosion sparks fire at Phoenix apartment

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) — A man is in the hospital with burns after an explosion started a fire in a Phoenix apartment Friday afternoon. Firefighters said around 2 p.m., a man was remodeling a bathroom in his home near 36th Street and Indian School Road when an explosion occurred.

Then the fire broke out, spreading to the surrounding apartments. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly. Four units were damaged and eight people will be displaced. The man was taken to hospital in stable condition. No firefighters were injured.

Drivers are asked to avoid the area for the next two hours. Firefighters are still investigating what caused the explosion.

READ ALSO :   Man accused of stabbing another man told Phoenix police he 'feared for his life'

The Latest

To Top